LITTLE STARS LEAVE BIG IMPRESSION ON NBA ALL-STAR WEEKEND:
2019 ROOKIE USA SHOW BRINGS OUT THE MOST STYLISH KIDS + A-LIST PARENTS IN CHARLOTTE’S LARGEST ALL-STAR FASHION EVENT
Charlotte, N.C. (February 17, 2019) – The Rookie USA fashion show, presented by Haddad Brands and sponsored by Charlotte-based Belk, Inc., took the Queen City by storm during NBA All-Star Weekend; showcasing the world’s most fashionable kids and clothing lines. The show showcased the latest looks from top international brands, Levi’s®, Converse, Jordan, Hurley and Nike. The star-studded audience included celebrity attendees Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Diddy’s children, Adrienne Houghton, Dascha Polanco and more. Social media influencers including Dear Giana, The McClure Twins, Hails World and child actors Darby Camp, Jakari Fraser and Trinitee Stokes also rocked the runway this season.
Charlotte’s very own Mayor Vi Lyles, R&B sensation, Anthony Hamilton and Carolina Panthers Greg Olsen, Kyle Love, Captain Munnerlyn and former teammates Steve Smith, Charles Johnson and Thomas Davis also had their families in the show. The Charlotte Hornets’ Little Stingers and kid DJ Chase Dawson performed.
Hosted by Charlotte Hornets’ President Fred Whitfield and former NBA player Dominique Wilkins at Founders Hall in Charlotte, the private fashion show benefitted Khaled’s WE THE BEST Foundation - the Asahd Initiative and Tiki Barber’s Kulture City. The Asahd Initiative is to serve and donate to underprivileged children and was named after DJ Khaled’s son, Asahd Tuck Khaled. Kulture City provides a sensory friendly environment for autistic children attending sporting events and other public places.
“I’m excited to be a part of the show this season to give love and support to my son, Asahd, and Haddad brands. #GRATEFUL,” says DJ Khaled.
“We are so honored to have Kulture City as part of this amazing event!” said Dominique Wilkins.
CELEBRITY KIDS ON THE RUNWAY:
● Aaron, Nolan, Princeton, sons of Anthony Hamilton
● Aryam, son of “Orange is the New Black” actress Dascha Polanco
● Ashad, son of DJ Khaled
● Atticus, Harper, Saint, children of former NFL player Travares Tillman
● Boston, son of retired Baltimore Ravens and former Carolina Panther Steve Smith
● Champ and Eden, children of Captain Munnerlyn
● Chance, D’Lila, Jessie James, daughters of Diddy Combs
● Chris and Camryn, children of Houston Rockets’ Chris Paul
● Darby Camp, child actress from “Christmas Chronicles” and “Big Little Lies”
● Deuce, son of Boston Celtics’ Jayson Tatum
● Dhamir and Desmond Howard, sons of former NFL player Desmond Howard
● Digital Influencer, Hails from Hails World Instagram
● Giana, 9 year-old Artist, designer, and influencer from Dear Giana
● Hayden Raye Stewart, daughter of Denver Broncos’ Darian Stewart
● Ivana, Kiara, and Evan Carlos, children of former MLB player Carlos Beltran
● Jakari Fraser, child actor from Ben is Back
● Kennedy, daughter of retired NFL player Victor Cruz
● Jet and Beau, nieces of singer/talk show host Adrienne Houghton
● Johan and Jonas, sons of rapper Fabolous
● Jordynn, Jurzie & Jagger Cromartie, children of former NFL player Antonio Cromartie
● McClure Twins, social media influencers
● Noah, son of Oklahoma City Thunder’s Russell Westbrook
● PJ Rose, son of NBA star Derrick Rose